Defenition of the problem
Federalism in Russia – federal relations, institutes, ideology – have now not the best times. Reforms of system of the federal relations, carried out for last 6 years under the initiative of the president of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin, give analysts the reasons for the most gloomy forecasts concerning prospects of the Russian federalism. Never faded voices of supporters of liquidation of a national - territorial principle in the federal device of the country sound today more and more confidently and persistently. Moreover, politics of a different level quite often express more radical idea of transformation of Russia in the unitary state.
It is presented that in such conditions the opportunity to receive from independent sources of information objective knowledge of a real condition of federalism and democratic institutes, positive models of regional development in Russia and in the world, in particular, due to research activity of Russian nongovernmental organization, remains / becomes even more claimed by everyone who directly or indirectly participates in working-out and realization of political decisions, basing on already possessed experience. In executed earlier projects KIF paid a lot of attention to studying of conditions of becoming of real federal relations in Russia, specific features of native federalism. During comparative research of the Russian and international experience federal and decentralized states, experts had been revealed universal factors, conditions of success of strategy in political and legal, social and economic and cultural spheres of ability to live of a society.
KIF intends further to continue studying a condition, tendencies of evolution of federalism and institutes of democracy in Russia. However, it is necessary to take into account an originality of the historical period experienced by the country. In aspect interesting us it is expressed, in particular in that the attention of the public is conscious and is purposefully accented, basically, only on mistakes and lacks of a previous stage of reforming of all spheres of a public life, and in particular – on excesses of decentralization of authority during becoming real federal relations. Proceeding from told, it is expedient to displace a little accents in the research program in comparison with the previous projects.
- To concentrate on studying, first of all, positive experience of separate subjects of the Russian Federation in solving the typical problems in sphere of economy and social policy, interethnic and interreligious relations, preservation of language and culture of national minorities.
- To study on purpose successful models of regional development not only in native, but also the international experience, and, not only federal, but also formally unitary states incorporating into themselves a greater or lesser degree administratively / politically independent regions, comparable with regions (subjects) of the Russian Federation.
The purpose and tasks of the project
The purpose of the project:
- Studying successful models of regional development in the Russian and international experience of federalism and decentralized states, revealing social, cultural and political conditions of their formation;
- distribution of the results of research to establishments and the persons participating in working-out the programs and practical decisions in the field of the Russian regional politics, all interested consumers;
- inclusion of the turned out information in educational process of profile specialities of Institutes and universities of Kazan and other cities of Russia.
– Representatives of public authorities, state run public authorities, representatives of politics, expert community;
- Students, post-graduate students, scientists, specializing in the field of political science, jurisprudence, the international relations, sociology, ethnology and history.
Tasks, which should be solved for achievement of this purpose:
– Search and the analysis of the information on successful models of regional development in the Russian and international experience, generalization of knowledge of typical effective strategy of social and economic and ethnic and cultural development of regions in the modern world
– Research social and cultural factors and political mechanisms of formation and realization of successful strategy of regional development which represent the greatest interest and are claimed for development of effective programs of social and economic growth and ethnic and cultural development of the Russian regions.
– Distribution of the received information to public authorities and state run authorities, to representatives of expert community, and to all other consumers of the information interested in such kind of knowledge – to educational establishments, libraries, the research centers and separate scientists.
Ways and methods of the solving the given tasks
1. Realization of sample of regions in Russia, other federal and decentralized states representing the greatest interest for revealing composed success in realization of effective strategy of social and economic development and positive practice in an ethnic and cultural politics.
2. Carrying out of scientific - practical conferences with the purpose of revealing political and legal, social and cultural conditions of working out successful strategy of regional development:
A national regional policy and strategy of social and economic development of regions of Russia: search of effective models and balance of interests;
Political and social and cultural factors of formation of successful regional models of social and economic development: experience of Brazil, Russia and China;
Positive practice of a regional ethnopolicy in modern multiethnic states: the Russian and international experience.
3. Monitoring of the all-federal newspaper press on problems of a regional policy in Russia.
4. Intermediate results of realization of the research project to publish in magazine «Kazan Federalist».
5. To publish the manual to a special course «Models of social and economic and ethnic and cultural development of the Russian regions and a regional policy of the federal center: searches of balance of interests and successful strategy of development».
6. The basic results of research to state in the monograph «Successful strategy of regional development in modern federal and decentralized states: the Russian and international experience».